SCSI network

Walt Pawley walt at wump.org
Mon Mar 31 13:13:45 PDT 2008

On 3/29/08 1:17 PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote on SCSI network

>they are all adaptec (ahc driver) controllers - manual says it can be
>target as well as initiator

Others have been discussing the potential speed of such an
arrangement. I'm more concerned about SCSI bus addressing being
a problem. Perhaps the statement above means that each card can
have a distinct ID on the bus. My experience with SCSI is
pretty much limited to systems where the host computer is
hardwired as device 0. If these cards are like that, they'll
likely be pretty confused about who's who.
--

Walter M. Pawley <walt at wump.org>
Wump Research & Company