disable periodic scripts

Warner Lambert unixchild at live.com
Sun Mar 30 12:30:14 PDT 2008

Hi

How can I disable those nightly/monthly/... periodic scripts? I don't need them, these days professional monitoring software such as nagios is used to monitor 200+ systems. I can't read 200 mails showing me hundreds of lines of output even if nothings happening. Am I just deleting all the /etc/periodic/* stuff or is there a switch like: turn_off_ancient_system_administration="YES" ?

Tnx.