problems with i386 jail on amd64 install 7.0 Release

Mark Moellering mark at msen.com
Fri Mar 28 04:23:43 PDT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008 06:23:49 am Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Mark Moellering wrote:
> > I have been trying to install an i386 jail on an amd64 install.  I added
> > Target=i386 to the command line in the make buildworld and installworld
> > commands.  I keep getting the following (or similar) error
>
> 'Target' does nothing, there is no such variable.  If you meant
> 'TARGET', that is a real variable but not the one you want.  You need to
> add 'TARGET_ARCH=i386' to your build/installworld to successfully
> cross-compile.
>
> Kris

Kris,
Thanks for the reply.
I aplogize, I should have been more explicit.

I tried TARGET=i386 ; TARGET_ARCH=i386; and both together, all gave the same
error.

(/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libedit.so.6" not found, required
by "sh")

Have you or has anyone else on the list successfuly done this?

Thanks Again

mark