portsnap fetch errors

Barry Byrne barry.byrne at wbtsystems.com
Wed Mar 26 08:52:53 PDT 2008

> From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of
> Elwell, Richard

> I get the following error when I run portsnap fetch:

> Fetching 14248 new ports or files... /usr/sbin/portsnap: cannot open
> d5742d6e9ca3b11450f23606ae6a16b391a12f4c7b2d4fc638513ce34f7c2c
> 25.gz: No
> such file or directory
>
> snapshot is corrupt.
> A quick search led to a similar problem in the past:

Richard,

By any chance is your portsnap using a proxy server, possibly squid?

If so this may get around the problem prior to running your portsnap.

# sysctl net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized=0

You may want to check the value first, and reset it after the portsnap.

Maybe something like this in your portsnap script.

 - barry

-- snip --
RANDOMIZED=`sysctl -n net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized`
portsnap fetch update	# or portsnap cron update
sysctl net.inet.ip.portrange.randomized=$RANDOMIZED
-- snip --