USB Mouse not working

Fabio Pennati fabiopnn at tele2.it
Wed Mar 26 08:42:33 PDT 2008

   I am a new FreeBSD user coming from Gentoo. I am not able to get
   working an usb optical  wired mouse from Labtec that is working well
   with many Linux distro's and WXP too.
   I am using a FreeBSD 7.0 standard GENERIC kernel configuration with
   all usb devices installed, thus:

     # USB support
     device        uhci        # UHCI PCI->USB interface
     device        ohci        # OHCI PCI->USB interface
     device        ehci        # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
     device        usb        # USB Bus (required)
     #device        udbp        # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
     device        ugen        # Generic
     device        uhid        # "Human Interface Devices"
     device        ukbd        # Keyboard
     device        ulpt        # Printer
     device        umass        # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus
     and da
     device        ums        # Mouse

   Here is an extract from my rc.conf:

     usbd_enable="YES"
     moused_enable="YES"
     moused_type="auto"
     moused_port="/dev/ums0"
     moused_flags=""
     usbd_flags=""
     moused_nondefault_enable="YES"
     moused_ums0_flags=""

   I tried also to take out from rc.conf any "moused-stuff" lines but
   without no results.
   And here is the messages from kernel during boot, probing ums device:

     ums0: <vendor 0x1241 product 0x1111, class 0/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr
     2> on uhub0
     ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

   This is the xorg.conf, for the part interesting the mouse:

     Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
         Option        "Protocol" "Auto"
         Option        "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
         Option        "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
     EndSection

   Furthermore I installed the same mouse with an hw adapter to the
   serial port of the PC and obviously it works, of course as pms device,
   but very slowly and with no precision.
   There is someone that has any idea ?
   Thanks, Fabio