Mac osX drivers

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Mar 24 13:19:12 PDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 02:26:23PM +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> I know I keep asking about drivers, but what about Mac drivers? I
> understand that Mac osX is based fairly well on BSD, so would the
> drivers be portable?

Drivers for doing what?

> This is all on a current project I'm working on...

Go study the available Darwin code from
http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

I believe you will discover many of the drivers in MacOS X came from
FreeBSD. That doesn't mean changes were not needed, it means the
developers thought it easier to make the changes rather than write from
scratch. Many of the key developers came from FreeBSD.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net