OT: (Way OT) PHP and MySQL concurrency control using MyISAM tables

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sun Mar 23 16:04:03 PDT 2008

I know this is not quite the list for these things, but I tried the PHP
list and got no reply whatsoever. In fact, I don't think anyone's home
cause the entire list is silent...

I'm trying to setup a system using web apps in PHP using MySQL as the
backend database, only this time I need transaction services. According
to the PHP manual if a transaction is served for MySQL it can come back
as committed even though it may not. So what I'm trying to accomplish is
develop some row level locking with the PHP script.

I enquired about setting up a servlet (for want of a better term) with
PHP, something that will serve the requests of the rest of the app. To
be honest though, I'm not entirely sure how to approach this.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Cheers