Console Random Text

Andy Christianson achristianson at orases.com
Fri Mar 21 18:28:37 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am having a very strange problem. My sever stopped responding in SSH.
At the time,

a co-worker said he was importing a MySQL database from a USB drive
mounted as ext2fs.

I went back to check on the console, and it was scrolling *EXTREMELY*
quickly with

apparently random text (it could have said something, but it was too
fast to read).

I could not switch to another virtual console. It would not respond to
any keyboard input.

Oddly enough, the machine was still responding to ICMP.

Does anyone have ANY clues as to what this could be? This is a server
that an entire

Company runs on, so it's really important that I find out what is
causing this.

Thanks in advance! This FreeBSD community is the friendliest one I've
found yet.

-Andy