linux emulation

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Thu Mar 20 02:00:06 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 08:50 +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > I've read the handbook and just about anything on linux compat under
> > freebsd. I am particularly interested in drivers under linux compat.
>
> emulation allows execution of normal linux programs, not drivers

Ok. So input devices won't work either? I refer to this page here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~3d/apps/games/unreal_tournament/

What is the driver mentioned here?

Incidentally, what is the difference between linux and bsd drivers? The
drivers in question are manufacturers binaries for linux in an RPM;
hence the question. Plus I came across several notations regarding
building or using drivers from linux in bsd (linux-kmod-compat port, the
above link, and more).

For reference I'm merely very curious, not argumentative on this. Cheers
for any answers offered.