KDE doesn't switch between keyboard layouts in FreeBSD

Manolis Kiagias sonicy at otenet.gr
Wed Mar 19 13:43:11 PDT 2008

Yuri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using 'KDE Keyboard Tool' on FreeBSD-7.0.
> I have US layout and Cyrillic layouts selected.
> And on "Xkb Options" tab I selected "Both Shift Keys together change
> layout"
>
> But when I press both Shifts layout doesn't change.
>
> Anyone has this working?
>
> Yuri

I guess it could be the same problem we have with the Greek keyboard
layout.
It is worth a try.

Edit the file:

~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

and add the following line in the "Global Shortcuts" section:

Switch to Next Keyboard Layout=default(Alt+Shift_L)

(Obviously you will need to adjust this for both shifts, I am not
certain of the shortcut, maybe Shift_L+Shift_R)

if the little flag in the tray reacts to the keys, you are all set.