[FreeBSD 7] Radeon Mobility M10/9600 + xorg 7.3 + ati/radeon
driver causes complete system hang/freeze
twhoffma at student.matnat.uio.no
Mon Mar 17 20:40:30 UTC 2008
On beforehand, I appologize for sending a rather incomplete mail regarding
this last week, I hope with this new information that I can find a clue on
how to debug or solve this problem.
I have the following problems with my xorg 7.3 installation, even after I
have pkg_delete -a, and reinstalled all with packages. The system was
updated with freebsd-update from 6.3-release to 7.0-release.
My problem has the following characteristics:
* Whenever I start xorg with startx and the radeon/ati-driver, the
system will become unresponsive, and cold reboot is the only way to
escape the lock.
* xorg will start fine using the 'vesa' driver.
* On a system-freeze, there is no logging - at all. Nothing in
dmesg/messages or in Xorg.0.log.
* I had no problems with xorg 7.2/7.3 on my 6.3-release system.
* dmesg report:
-> Is it normal that it reports 256 MB, when I have a 64MB graphics card?
For you convenience, the config-/log-files can be found at:
* dmesg: http://pastebin.com/m47427876
* Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/m13673d99
* xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/m52dab34b
any help will be greatly appreciated!
More information about the freebsd-questions