USB Keyboard stuck during 7.0 install

Matt Swasey mig at eeeee0.com
Mon Mar 17 15:24:52 UTC 2008

I burned a fresh iso of the i386 7.0-RELEASE-disc1, I've got my
keyboard and mouse plugged in via USB.  Upon successful boot of the
install cd, the moment I press a key, it seems to stick, and that key
code is repeated over and over again.

For example, the "Select Country" is the first menu to appear.  If I
press the down arrow, and immediately release, it will move all the
way down to the bottom of the list and get stuck there.  Meaning I
can't do anything else.  No switching to a different VT.  If I hit
enter on the first selection "United States" it will bring me to the
main menu, but it will act like the Enter key is still depressed and
will endlessly cycle through menus.

I've search the mailing-list archive, and good, and found similar
problems with USB legacy settings in the BIOS.  My BIOS does not have
this setting, so I'm not sure what to do from here.  Additionally, I
have yet to find an instance of anyone having the same exact problem.

Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thank you.