More information about the problem I'm having (was "Installation locks up")

Michael Moldenhauer mike4ty4 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 23:33:24 UTC 2008

Thought this bit of extra information might be
helpful. I've noticed that on some attempts it gets
past the point where it is copying the base system and
then proceeds with the stage where it's copying
"GENERIC" to /boot, gets to 12% and then freezes up.

What is wrong with this? Something wrong with the
computer? A bug in the software? How can I find out
what is causing the trouble I am having?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.