Why not a DVD iso version too?

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 18:17:31 UTC 2008

Miguel Mayol i Tur said:
> I do like to try free OSs and distributions
> Why not a DVD version at bittorent and or at the FTP?
> I cannot understand why not on these days.

I personally cannot understand everyone's fascination with a DVD
installer.  If everyone is so intent on using the "latest and greatest",
why do they want to install packages from the CD (or DVD), rather than
using ports?

Bandwidth, to me, is no excuse, because it takes less bandwidth to
download the ports tree + source code than it does to download a 4GB
DVD.

Either way, there is a DVD available at freebsdmall.

--
Glen Barber
(570)328-0318