state of flash on FreeBSD 7?

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.nl
Sun Mar 16 17:16:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:15:34 +0100
Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> For youtube, you can use the www/youtube-dl port to download them, and
> mplayer to play them.

I just want to watch them. I've friends on youtube and kids who make
movies of their 3days vacation i.e. Don't want to download them first
just to look at them. It's like downloading a CD to listen to a sample
to find out what's it like. Urg.

> Alternatively, you can use the DownloadHelper add-on to download
> videos from several sites.

The same CON.

> I for one am very glad to _not_ see all the annoying flash-based ads.

And for me it's a handicap. It's like looking to the net through
glasses that are to dark to see all. I think it's a pity fbsd people
tend to ignore modern internet. Flash (or flash-like) webcontent will
not go away. Not for quite a while i.m.h.o.

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
++ http://nagual.nl/ + SunOS sxde 01/08 ++