VMWare Tools for FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Sun Mar 16 07:46:56 UTC 2008

Are you asking if FreeBSD can be made to run the ESX software so that
a FreeBSD server can virtualize multiple systems, or are you asking
if an ESX server can create a virtual machine that FreeBSD can run in?

If your using the commercial ESX product I would assume you would be
using it on it's own "bare metal" product incarnation which I think
uses a hacked-up version of Linux (without a compiler or any other
normal Linux tools).  In that case I do not see why you would have
a problem running multiple FreeBSD virtual servers on the ESX
server.

Ted