VMWare Tools for FreeBSD

Terry Sposato terry at sucked-in.com
Sun Mar 16 06:23:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

Is there any future development work being undertaken in order to port
vmware-tools to FreeBSD.

As our organisation using VMWare ESX Server and a lot of our servers are
being virtualised to save hardware costs, this would let our FreeBSD servers
follow as well.

It does work find under Linux so I am 50% confident that it would port to
FreeBSD if the work was done. Is it a licensing issue or another reason? Not
being a developer myself was just wondering if this has been tackled and if
it is being incorporated somewhere in the future?

Regards,

Terry