Installation

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:05:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 05:37:25PM +1100, dajaasge wrote:

> Hi there
>
> As a relatively inexperienced user of FreeBSD I have little input to offer
> the community as a whole save to suggest that offering a DVD iso image
> from which to install would save the sometimes extreme tediousness of disc
> swapping when adding packages. If I knew more about it I would make such
> an image myself, however, having never had to do it before it is something
> I will have to pen in for a later time.

I think most people install over the net and so only need the CD (DVD)
to boot and set up sysinstall.    Then there is no swapping of disks
and you get the latest in ports.    So, people tend not to feel the
need for a DVD ISO.

But, if you do not have an adequate internet connection, this becomes
less practical, unfortunately.

////jerry