Installation

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd at milibyte.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 09:45:33 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 12 March 2008, dajaasge wrote:

> As a relatively inexperienced user of FreeBSD I have little input to offer
>   the community as a whole save to suggest that offering a DVD iso image
> from which to install would save the sometimes extreme tediousness of disc
> swapping when adding packages. If I knew more about it I would make such an
> image myself, however, having never had to do it before it is something I
> will have to pen in for a later time.

Creating a DVD from the official FreeBSD CD isos (disc[1-3]) is quite
straightforward. Take a look at the instructions on
<http://www.pa.msu.edu/~tigner/bsddvd.html>. It describes creating a DVD from
a 2 CD set but the process is the same for 3, just include an extra step to
mount and copy disc3 in the same way as he describes disc2, then continue
with the instructions for disc2 and disc1 in that order.

--
Mike Clarke