atacontrol mode D PIO4 persist across reboots

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Tue Mar 11 16:22:58 UTC 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> This sets it for all controllers I only want to set it for ata1 which
> contains ad2.  Thanks for the tip though.

Globally disable it on boot, then write a script named /etc/rc.local that
selectively re-enables it for certain drives.  Here's mine:

#!/bin/sh

echo
echo 'Setting controllers to DMA mode'
atacontrol mode acd1 udma33

I had to do that because my DVD-ROM would autodetect UDMA66 or higher and
hang.
--
Kirk Strauser