Strange apache logs [SOLVED]

Dragan Jovelic jdragan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:06:25 UTC 2008

Last month I posted a question to this list, about strange entires in
httpd access log, which were connections from localhost, looking like this:

::1 - - [06/Feb/2008:13:43:58 -0500] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 -

After some investigation I found out what is the cause of this. When I
turned on in httpd.conf to log UserAgent string as well, found out that
UserAgent for this requests is "internal dummy connection". Google
search for that, gave this page on apache site, which explains what is
it about:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/InternalDummyConnection