ZFS (not sure if this is the place)

Jeffrey Smith jeffrey.smith at futurecis.com
Sat Mar 8 22:17:33 UTC 2008

I get this on reboot of my system

# zpool status
  pool: pool
 state: UNAVAIL
status: One or more devices could not be opened.  There are insufficient
	replicas for the pool to continue functioning.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-D3
 scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	pool        UNAVAIL      0     0     0  insufficient replicas
	  da0s2     UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open

An import and export fixes this

# zpool export pool
# zpool import pool
# zpool status
  pool: pool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

	NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	pool        ONLINE       0     0     0
	  da0s2     ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

# uname -a
FreeBSD xxx.futurecis.com 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24
10:35:36 UTC 2008
root at driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I have another system running the i386 version of 7.0 and am not having
this issue.  Is this a bug in the 64 bit version, and I was not sure if
this was the place for this post but I didn't see a dedicated ZFS list.
Any help will be much appreciated.