wireless low speed

Anatoli Marinov linman800 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 23:23:45 UTC 2008

Hi guys,
I would like to ask you about wireless access point that I tried to create
in my home. I have one new NOKIA n800 device. It runs linux and has wireless
built in chip(I am not sure which chip is exactly putted in).
In my home server (so I have something like a home lab :) it is cool) I have
wireless card  Edimax EW-7128g.
I've set up my AP step by step follow the description from here
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.htmland
in general it works but works very slow. For example: At work in the
office wireless network I can download with 600 KB/s and after that in home
with my private AP I can do only 180 KB/s. There is a big difference.

Could you help me to resolve this issue with my home AP?
I am ready to provide you what information you want and will try you
suggestions.
Is there any special tools? How I can view / change code modulation, and
other options and what I can do at all?
I know that this adapter can operate with 54 MB/s now it is around 1.5 MB/s.
How I can change the speed ?

Some info:
My AP runs 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE

[root at zzzzzzz]:/usr/local/www/data#ifconfig ral0 list caps
ral0=2181e500<IBSS,HOSTAP,TXPMGT,SHSLOT,SHPREAMBLE,MONITOR,WPA1,WPA2,BGSCAN>
[root at zzzzzzz]:/usr/local/www/data#

[root at zzzzzzz]:/usr/local/www/data#ifconfig ral0
ral0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
        ether 00:0e:2e:ec:e1:3d
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11g <hostap>
        status: associated
        ssid freebsdap channel 1 (2412 Mhz 11g) bssid 00:0e:2e:ec:e1:3d
        authmode WPA privacy MIXED deftxkey 3 TKIP 2:128-bit TKIP 3:128-bit
        txpower 50 scanvalid 60 bgscan bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250
        roam:rssi11g 7 roam:rate11g 5 protmode CTS dtimperiod 1

Thanks in advance

Linman