gsnapshot Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_color_parse: assertion `spec != NULL'

Pedro de Sousa Alves pedro.sousaalves at uclouvain.be
Fri Mar 7 16:53:24 UTC 2008

Hello

I am newbie freeBSD/UNIX user and I am dealing with lots of "small" problems.
The first I want to describe is the following.
I need to install an screen capture software to send bugs I have found in
the system. I fetch freshports to find a easy to use one. I have found
that gsnapshot would be nice.

I found in ports "gsnapshot-1.0.tar.gz" and I have build the package.
That's I get when I try to run it:

[pmsalves at THINKPAD /usr/ports/graphics/gsnapshot]$ gsnapshot &
[1] 4695
[pmsalves at THINKPAD /usr/ports/graphics/gsnapshot]$
(gsnapshot:4695): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango_color_parse: assertion `spec !=
NULL'
 failed
-:2: Invalid color constant '(null)'
-:2: error: invalid string constant "#eee1b3", expected valid string constant

[1]+  Segmentation fault: 11  gsnapshot
[pmsalves at THINKPAD /usr/ports/graphics/gsnapshot]$

Here is my /etc/make.conf:

CPUTYPE=pentium2
CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math -malign-double
-mtune=pentium2 -march=pentium2 -fomit-frame-pointer
COPTFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math -malign-double
-mtune=pentium2 -march=pentium2 -fomit-frame-pointer
CXXFLAGS+= -fconserve-space
MAKE_SHELL=sh
NO_SHAREDOCS=

# added by use.perl 2008-02-10 23:24:40
PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

I run FreeBSD 6.2-release on PentiumII Thinkpad600

Thanks for any suggestions... Please note that I don't have lots of
experience and further system information from my part request detailled
instructions from your part.
Pedro