File Filter for Samba Server

muhammad hamka hamkanen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:58:47 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've run my samba server running on my FreeBSD box. My samba connect to
several workstation (using Windows). I set the sharing for public (Everyone
can read/write/delete files).

The problem is some of my workstation is infected by virus. So everytime i
open that folder, i got a tons of virus (usually consist of , autorun.inf ,
file with .vbs extension and several suspicious executable file). I tried to
set samba-vscan with clamav, but this works only scan and moving those file
to quarantine. But those file will appear again because of virus daemon
running in infected workstation.

i have an idea to set a file filter that uploaded to my storage server. So
that, it can deny the file containing .vbs extension etc. to be written in
my storage. is there any software provide this solution? or any
configuration of samba i miss? thanx

--

Muhammad Hamka
#DZR 24#