where are base, info, kernels, dict, doc, games, manpages, ports, src, etc. for 7.0-REL?

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Wed Mar 5 22:27:28 UTC 2008

According to Sean Cavanaugh <Millenia2000 at hotmail.com>:

> are you using 7.0-RELEASE-XXXX-bootonly.iso or 7.0-RELEASE-XXXX-Disc1.iso
>
> the later has the files on it and can be installed without any network
> connection at all.

Thanks.

I have 7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso and burned it onto a CD-ROM,
but that didn't seem to work either.  I will try it again...

It is curious why the contents of the ISOs is not listed
somewhere.  The only way I could find to inspect them was:

# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f <whatever>.iso -u 0
# mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /mnt

which is from section 18.6.2 of the Handbook.

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu