make.conf CPUTYPE Xeon Conroe?

David Alanis canito at dalan.us
Wed Mar 5 20:13:12 UTC 2008

Alike other users how can you compare the benefits pros/cons of
setting the CPU type?

Documentation reads otherwise and it only mentions possible cons in
one section?

# CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
# Note that optimization settings other than -O and -O2 are not recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" or "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing"
# before submitting bug reports without patches to the developers.

I needs  proof :)

David-