Printing with a laserjet 1018

Modulok modulok at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:44:54 UTC 2008

Did you upload the firmware to the printer?

I'm not sure if this printer is the same as mine (1020), but I think
this is a dumb printer, which requires a firware upload each time it
is power cycled. Unfortunately in my case, the FreeBSD USB driver had
to be modified in order to talk with the printer, as it was not
capable of communicating in a USB compliant manner, prior to the
firmware upload. (Genius.)

-Modulok-