Lib Errors After 6.3 - 7 Update

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Mar 5 02:15:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:16:44 -0500
Dimitri Yioulos <dyioulos at firstbhph.com> wrote:

> Perhaps someone has a better suggestion for you, but I had a similar issue
> with regard to installing VMware Tools.  In my case, I symlinked libc.so.5
> linked to libc.so.6, and the VMware Tools installation proceeded.

Like Kris said, not really good. An option may be, if you want to limit your
exposure to compatibility issues, is to use libmap.conf , so you only map
libc.so.6 as .5 ONLY for certain executables/libraries that depend on them.

I find it this method a much better one to managed - one central place to
manage library tricks, and is more advanced than symlinking. And you can
easily transfer it to other systems

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

My wish is that your day will be a good one.
If not.......
May the fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws
up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Warned.