Installing FreeBSD remotely via serial console

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 15:37:01 UTC 2008

I'm getting a new Dell server delivered to our corporate
datacenter. There is a serial console available there.

What is the process for installing FreeBSD remotely by logging
in to the serial console? I'm assuming that I can get a tech
in the datacenter to put a FreeBSD install disc into the CD
drive, and take it from there, but I've never used a serial
console and don't know what the process is.

I'm trying to avoid having to either travel to the datacenter
myself, or to get the server shipped to me here for
installation and then shipped down to the datacenter.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower