HDD missing from sysinstall

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Mar 4 05:35:52 UTC 2008

What is the machine model and make, please?

This can happen because previously the disk driver in 6.2
was treating your disk as generic ATA devices, but then
support for your IDE controller was added into the driver,
and now your BIOS has it in a weird mode.

A dmesg from the 6.2 system would be useful as well.

Ted