dependencies in portmaster

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Mar 1 23:22:11 UTC 2008

On Sunday 02 March 2008 00:07:13 perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:

> If I am understanding the portmaster manpage correctly this is close
> to what -n would do, but I don't even want it to do 'make config'

Yes, you do.
Because make config determines the dependencies.

If speed is what you're worried about, then first do:
make config-recursive

in the port you want to investigate, then do portmaster -n - OR,
specify BATCH=yes and PACKAGE_BUILDING=yes to portmaster as make flags. But
note that that will accept a set of default options, as defined by the port
maintainer.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.