wpa_supplicant trouble

David Alanis canito at dalan.us
Thu Jun 26 18:45:08 UTC 2008

Quoting David Gurvich <david.gurvich at verizon.net>:

> A further note:  If I run remove the '-B' option and add '-d',
> wpa_supplicant does disassociate but rapidly reassociates on it's own.

I can understand what you are going through. Our network guy here is
questionable so I can't say that my experience with disconnection can
be tied in with yours. Following the handbook did the trick for me and
ofcourse messing around further enhanced my knowledge.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-wireless.html

I would recommend running

wpa_supplicant -i ipw0 -c /wpa.conf &
dhclient ipw0