why an old operating system

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Wed Jun 25 06:01:14 UTC 2008

in our search for servers we contacted genstor (on the freebsd
compatible hardware list) and a very nice fellow talked to us and sent
us a quote. it was out of our price range, but i was very puzzled to see
that the brand new and powerful system they were putting together was
going to be operating with freebsd 5.4

why would a new system such as this be supplied with such an old os?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's