7.0 with packages-7-stable -- how to fix system

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Tue Jun 24 12:05:33 UTC 2008

Since rebuilding >300 ports on my 7.0 system would have taken too long
after the gettext bump, I used packages-7-stable for the portupgrade --
I should have known better...

The kdevelop portupgrade failed with:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FBSD_1.1 required by gtar
not found

Searching all executables in /usr/local/ with readelf for FBSD_ but not
FBSD_1.0, I have only found memrchr at FBSD_1.1 in files from coreutils,
dirmngr, gnupg, gpgme, gtar, and wget. Thus, I rebuild these.

Now gtar starts and https in Firefox works again.

Is my system back to a "sane" state or do I have to expect more
problems, if I do not rebuild everything that came as 7-stable package?

Thanks,
Jan Henrik