Nvidia GPU core temp (where to ge it?)

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:57:42 UTC 2008

Can anyone point me to the origin/source/command/file/unameit from where
nvidia-settings gets the core temp for the GPU?

sysctl doesn't report a thing about it (or at least I was dumb enough not to
see it) but nvidia-setting does indeed report it .. so that value _is_ there
somewhere ...

I'd like to perl something to get every temp reading on my system, but the GPU
core temp is the only thing that I don't know where to get from :(

For the record:
hw.nvidia.version: NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  173.14.09  Wed Jun  4
11:26:01 PDT 2008
hw.nvidia.cards.0.model: GeForce 8600 GT
hw.nvidia.cards.0.type: PCI-E

Thanks =)
--
Blessings