Simple Text Mail Setup

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Jun 23 18:02:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:45:39AM -0700, Rem Roberti wrote:

> > No.  What you really want to do is set smart_host to the outgoing
> > mail server provided by your ISP.
>
> Please forgive my ignorance here, but how does one accomplish that?

Google "sendmail smart_host".

I started using postfix many years ago at the recommendation of a friend
who hosts really big mail systems on FreeBSD. The biggest immediate
advantage was that I felt the configuration files were easier to read
and understand.

As I posted earlier, set "relayhost =" whatever you would put in a
conventional email app as the SMTP delivery point and then postfix will
send everything there that doesn't belong here.

In all probability that is the only edit you will need for postfix.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net