xfce on amd64 not working

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 21:48:46 UTC 2008

All,

My (relatively) newly purchased Thinkpad T61 (type 7658-CTO) with 4g
RAM is running 7.0-STABLE amd64 from June 8.

I've gotten Xorg running from a generic xorg.conf generated by 'Xorg
-configure', with startx, but when starting XFCE4 with xtartxfce, it
is not happy, and bombs out, leaving a message in /var/log/messages:

     kernel: PID 92xxx (xfwn), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

I've csup'ed today, and did 'portupgrade -aRr' to get the latest.

I also tried copying the xorg.conf from the Suse install that I'm dual
booting with, but that's not any help.

Any thoughts?

Kurt