FreeBSD as VOIP PBX

sergio lenzi lenzi at k1.com.br
Fri Jun 20 20:28:58 UTC 2008

Em Sex, 2008-06-20 às 21:45 +0200, Wojciech Puchar escreveu:

> >> when i connected 56 cisco phones to my laptop (used 4*16 port switches
> >> ;), and having all of them working (called from first to second, from third to
> >> fourth etc..) there was below 4% CPU load but it's 1200Mhz Pentium-3M.
> >>

> > Yes... the cisco uses SIP, that is far more efficient...
> >
> i forget to say - SIP allows direct calls (data goes directly between
> phones), SCCP doesn't (at least asterisk module).
>
> in tests i intentionally disabled this to make asterisk server loaded

we use sip the same way you do with sccp because we need tranfer calls
(,Tt) in the dial command
E1 boards, the best we tested are from the chinese openvox...
without echo cancelation it seels for about U$750,00 for one port E1,
US$1800 for 2 ports,
US$2800 for 4 ports...
in my country (brazil).... you may think it is too expensive, but as
you
think that ONE port for a siemens pabx is about US$4000  (yes, 4K
dollars....)
you may imagine that for the price of only one board for a siemens you
can mount
the pbx, the cpu, the FreeBSD.....

you mount a 100 phones pbx for less than half the price of a siemens
equipment....
including the 50 ATAs linksys pap2.....

The poor the country, the more you pay....  that is the rule.....

Philips, nortel, alcatel are even more expensive..............