FreeBSD based web hosting?

Maxim Khitrov mkhitrov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 03:03:56 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM, cpghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:31:31 +1000
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for somebody to host some web sites for me.  Ideally I'd
>> like a complete machine, but a jail would do too.  I can find plenty
>> of Linux-based offerings, but the only one I can find with FreeBSD is
>> in Germany and requires me to be resident in Germany.  Can anybody
>> point me to one that I, as an Australian resident, can use?
>
> Here's a list of FreeBSD-based hosters:
>  http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/isp.html

Is anyone here using RootBSD?

I'm currently with JohnCompanies. Overall, it's been a positive
experience, though I wish they offered FreeBSD 7. Beta testing for it
was supposed to begin last month, but so far no news.

My main concern is disk space; I have 2GB for ~$26 per month. For the
same price at RootBSD you could get almost eight times as much. The
question is how reliable are they? I can't find any information on
their site about where the data center is or the exact system
specifications.

- Max