mrtg peak on reboot / snmp-issue?

Olivier Mueller om-lists-bsd at omx.ch
Sun Jun 15 16:38:46 UTC 2008

Hello,

Small but curious thing on my freebsd-based systems: when a
server is rebooted, it generates a peak (or "spike"?) on the
network mrtg for all interfaces (here just before 1 am):
http://8304.ch/om/stuff/mrtg_localhost_1-day.png

It happens with both net-snmp and ucd-snmp, with a quite standard
mrtg installation (generated by cfgmaker).

Do you have the same "issue" on your own servers?  All I can add, is
that there is not such a high traffic after a reboot, and that it
doesn't happen on similar linux-based systems.

Regards & a nice week to you,
Olivier