Fwd: twe0 interrupt storm

Daniel Gerzo danger at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 15 10:51:28 UTC 2008

Hello Stanislav,

Sunday, June 15, 2008, 12:40:57 PM, you wrote:

> Dear Daniel,

> Please tell me you had this storms only with 3ware 8006-2LP?

Actually, I do have them on the boxes which do not have the raid
controller. I have several boxes in hetzner. The ones that does not
have any additional devices attached to the motherboard seem like not
having the problem. However most of my machines have at least
additional NIC device.

Please note that my machines does not crash even when there is an
interrupt storm. On the other hand, they suffer from some performance
problems :/

The funny thing is that after reboot there's some silent period of
time, when the interrupts are OK. After the systems becomes to be
loaded more, the interrupt rate increases unless it reaches around
350k interrupt rate...

I have tried to play with the BIOS settings, nothing really helped.

> Because as I remember on MSI motherboard controller, I have no
> problems with FreeBSD 6.2, but when I upgraded to FreeBSD 7.0 that
> storms appeared, but not so often as with 3ware.

> P.S. Maybe I have to ask them to update BIOS? I am so happy with their
> network and service,  don't want to move to another server...

I have tried to ask them to update the BIOS in the past, AFAIR they
replied that the BIOS update is up to me...

--
Best regards,
 Daniel                            mailto:danger at FreeBSD.org