mplayer plug-in not playing some streams

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Wed Jun 11 12:54:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:05:46 -0500
Novembre <novembre at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Novembre <novembre at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed mplayer-0.99.10_14 and mplayerplug-in-3.45 using
> > packages on my 7.0-RELEASE machine which runs Firefox 2.0.0.12. I
> > am not able to see *some* online content, though, and I couldn't
> > find any pattern. For example, going to

I find the mplayer plugin to be pretty unreliable - it sounds like it's
improved at lot by your description.

I've had a lot more success with konquerer and kmplayer with the xine
backend. There's also a firefox plugin provided by gxine which may be
worth a try, although it's never been as good as kmplayer in my
experience.