wireless drops connection

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Tue Jun 10 20:01:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:16:43AM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
> I've gone from using CAT5 to 802.11g for my laptop's network connectivity
> while I'm at home.  Unfortunately, since I've done so, my connection
> drops from time to time, and I usually don't notice for a while.  The
> period between drops does not seem to be constant, however, as I lost my
> connection at some point yesterday without noticing, but when I did
> notice I reestablished contact, then lost my connection again a few
> minutes later.  The connection has not dropped again since then, however.

Well, it dropped a few more times today -- but I seem to have found a
problem (with the help of ##FreeBSD on irc) that is related:

It seems the mystery has been solved.  Now I just have to get the fixed
driver.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Albert Camus: "An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself."