what ype of app? port of "*free*"-service app?

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Tue Jun 10 03:50:52 UTC 2008

On 9-Jun-08, at 5:31 PM, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	This is a bit hard to figure out how  to phrase, so please bear
> 	with me.  I want to put-back a BBS/forum type app somewhere on my
> 	site so that members of my writing group can continue to help me
> 	with their suggestions and edits of my Jottings project.  Some
> 	people are taking a break for the summer, &c.

It sounds like you might want a Wiki of some kind. Mediawiki and
MoinMoin are both good, and if you're dealing with source code take a
look at Trac.

phpBB is pretty decent, but I haven't used it in a while. Most CMS's
also include forums of some kind. I'm partial to Drupal, but there's a
good selection of choices at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , and many
of the popular ones will be in the ports tree.

--Andrew