Grep Guru

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Sun Jun 8 20:12:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008, Jos Chrispijn wrote:
>I tried to make a grep script on find a string in all files on path ./
>and down. It does anything exept searching in files and reporting them.
>Is there a Grep Guru who can hint me out? Thanks,

I expect you need something like:

find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep pattern

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

We maintain that the very foundation of our way of life is what we call
free enterprise, said Cash McCall, "but when one of our citizens
show enough free enterprise to pile up a little of that profit, we do
our best to make him feel that he ought to be ashamed of himself."
    -- Cameron Hawley