Duplex printer advice

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Jun 4 10:03:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:01:09 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> > isn't all that hard but for some reason the printer manufacturers
> > ship these machines with very low RAM.
>
> the reason is to force you then buy high-priced RAMs for them.

The market for printers is a very competitive one. Any manufacturer has
to factor in the cost of the base machine, plus addition components, so
as to compute a selling price that will be competitive with his
competition. A manufacturer could easily load up his product will all
the RAM he wanted; however, if he could not sell the product, or at
least a sufficient number of them to turn a profit, then that effort
would be for naught.

Personally, I have not found the secondary RAM market to be all that
expensive anyway. If there is no need to spit out 24 sheets per minute,
then why waste the resources on it?

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower,
start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm.

	Dean Webber