7-STABLE Watchdog Timeout

Jeremy Karlson karlj000 at unbc.ca
Mon Jun 2 23:21:32 UTC 2008

I'm still looking into my watchdog timeout with me re card.  I'm
starting to wonder if my problem is in any way related to the
discussion back in September 2006 starting with this post:

"6.2 SHOWSTOPPER - em completely unusable on 6.2"
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-September/028792.html

It seems that under certain conditions and loads, a network interface
with a shared interrupt would stop responding until the watchdog
resets it.  This seems to be very similar to what I see.  At the time,
they seemed mostly concerned about fixing the em driver; I'm using re.

Unfortunately though, I can't seem to find what the resolution to this
was, and if it could be related to the failure I'm seeing.  Does
anyone know what happened with that problem?

-- Jeremy