mpd5 stoped working after subnet change

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 2 19:32:31 UTC 2008

Reinhold wrote:
>> So, upon connection, there was a bandwidth of  64000bps, but upon
>> closing that session, the b/w is 9600bps.
>>
> I see the same things since I started logging the connection.
> At the start I see this
> mpd5: [B-3] Bundle: Status update: up 1 link, total bandwidth 64000 bps
> and at the end its
> mpd5: [B-3] Bundle: Status update: up 0 links, total bandwidth 9600 bps

Those speeds mean nothing to you actually. They are used _only_ for
multilink load balancing. 64000 is the default that can be changed
manually by configuration, but as I have said it is meaningless whan
multilink is not used.
PPTP protocol has capabilities to make PAC inform PNS side about
connection speed, but it is only informational and in no way interfere
with real transfer speeds.

> This is a bit OT because my original problem got fixed thanks to you, I
> still have no idea what fixed it though, hehehe

Logging (probably increased to 'log +phys2 +phys3') and tcpdump on a
physical interface should help you if problem will get back again.

--
Alexander Motin