gdb remote debugging

Oren Almog oren.almog at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 02:13:47 UTC 2008

I am trying to set up remote debugging with gdb. I basically followed
the handbook and several other guides I found online: building a custom
kernel and setting the correct flags on sio.0.

When I enter into ddb and type gdb I always get "The gdb remote
debugging backend could not be selected". Can someone please shed some
light on what kind of fault is pointed in this message. Is it a connection
problem to the remote gdb or an error in loading the backend in the
kernel itself?

I am running 7.0RELEASE.

Oren